New to hot yoga?
- Make sure you have eaten, but not too much! Eat around 2-3 hours before class so you are not practicing on a full or empty stomach. Practicing on a full stomach can make you feel sick whilst practicing on an empty stomach will make you feel dizzy and nauseous. If you are practicing early in the morning, a small snack will be enough
- Drink plenty of water - Be prepared to sweat a lot! Make sure you come fully hydrated
- Arrive 30 minutes early - To give you time to register, change and find your spot in the room
You will need to bring:
2 towels (one for in class and one for your shower after) and water. You can hire towels and purchase water and other refreshments at the studio.
Clean mats are provided at no charge, but if you prefer feel free to bring your own. It's likely you will sweat a lot in class but we provide showers and changing facilities.
Dress lightly. Tight fitting light, breathable clothing is best.
- Take a mat from the clean mat section in the room
- Place yourself in the middle or back row: So your fellow yogis in the front can guide you through your practice
- Lay your towel on top of your mat
- Hold off on water until the warmup is complete (around 15 minutes)
- Stay in the room. It may be tempting to walk out of the room at certain times. The best thing for your body is to sit or lie down on your mat until you are feeling ready to join back in
- Listen to your body. Only you know how far you can comfortably push yourself. Listen to those signs that your body offers you. Don't feel the need to "keep going" or push harder when you know you could risk injury, just breathe and enjoy being where you are now
- Showers and changing facilities are provided
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water
- Don’t rush out. Lie down on your mat and take a few minutes to relax and enjoy your final savasana before leaving class